Magnetic Filters are used for filtration of iron particles from products in liquid/slurry form. They are essentially used in chemical, food, pharma and oil industries. They are also frequently used in hydraulic circuits in cooling systems. The Filter Magnets are made up of either Ceramic or High Intensity Rare Earth Magnets.
Application photos of Magnetic filter
Magnetic Filter with PTFE coating
Magnetic Filter with ETFE coating anti static food grade
- Liquid Pharma products
- Liquid Chemicals
- Liquid Food products
- Hydraulic oils
How does it work?
Magnetic filters are installed at a suitable location along the passage of fluid. The flowing liquid is made to travel around the magnetic field of high intensity filter magnets where fine ferrous particles get arrested in a magnetic trap.
These arrested fine iron particles can be removed manually after removing the top lid of the filter. Drain plug is provided at the bottom face for periodical cleaning of the filter system.
The unit comprises of a vessel, magnetic lid assembly and fasteners to secure the unit together. Magnetic system is made up of either Ceramic or High intensity Rare Earth magnets. The Magnet unit is enclosed in stainless steel housing making it suitable for use in Chemical, Paper & Ceramic Industry. The Magnetic Filter is easily removable from the stainless steel enclosure by loosening a few quick release fasteners.
Manually Cleaned - (NdFeB Magnet – 10500 gauss)
These Magnetic filters are made up of Stainless Steel 304 / 316 shell with inlet and outlet flange connections and a drain plug. The filters are made up of high intensity permanent magnets (Ndfeb) made in the form of elements. These magnetic elements are fixed on the top lid and are arranged in circular format so that the liquid is exposed to maximum area of elements. Once the fluid is passes through the filter, iron contamination gets arrested on the elements. This is removed manually after removing the top lid of the filter.
Self cleaned - (NdFeB Magnet – 6500 gauss)
The self cleaning filters consist of sleeves provided over the elements. The iron particles get trapped over the sleeve when the fluid is passed through the filter. When the elements are removed along with the top lid from the sleeves, the iron particles get dropped from the sleeve on the bottom of the filter this is removed through the drain plug by injecting pressurized water.
Standard PML Magnetic Filters:
|STANDARD PERMANENT MAGNETIC FILTER|
|Model No.||A (mm)||B (mm)||C (mm)||D (inch)||No. of Magnetic Elements||Recommended For Flow Rates* Liters/ per min|
|F001 / FH001||200||150||300||1"||5||200|
|F002 / FH002||250||200||350||2"||5||500|
|F003 / FH003||250||200||350||2"||7||500|
|F004 / FH004||300||300||500||3"||9||1200|
|F005 / FH005||450||300||500||3"||12||2000|
- The magnetic elements used in the filter have a gauss value of 10,500 gauss
- Standard ASA 150 flanges of 1”, 2”, 3” are used, however on customers request, flanges of required sizes can be used
- Self cleaning magnetic filters are available as option
PML also makes custom designed Magnetic Filters to precisely fit customer’s application. Information required is following:
- Type of fluid
- Flow rate
- Size and concentration of contamination.
- Inlet and outlet flange connection
- Required volume of the fluid to be processed
Magnetic Filter Systems have the following features:
- The magnetic filters can be installed easily in fluid flow line
- They give complete magnetic protection by attracting iron particles as fine as 10 microns into the magnetic trap
- The magnets are installed in polished condition for higher life of the rods and ease of cleaning
- For different flow rates, different sizes of magnetic filters are available
- High Intensity Rear Earth Magnets or Low Intensity St. Ferrite Magnets are used depending upon the users requirement
- Normally these filters are designed to take up pressures 5kg/sq cm. They can be designed to withstand higher pressure
- Maximum operating temperature 80ᵒC. They can be designed to work at temperatures as high as 200°C
Why PML Magnetic Filters?
- 45 years of experience in design and development of Permanent Magnets and Magnetic Systems
- Magnet Filters are available in 10,500 Gauss for operating temperature up to 120°C and 2500 Gauss at an operating temperature of 250°C
- Customized design
- Magnetic Filters are hydraulically tested to check leakage at welding joints and sealing points.
- PML offers comprehensive Magnetic Filtration Systems using 2/3 Magnetic filters in series to ensure output contamination to minimum PPM level.
- Services such as magnetic calibration/Audit are available