- Speedometer is used to measure and display instantaneous speed of the vehicle.
- Speedometer application uses an Alnico magnet which rotates on an axle in an aluminium cup.
- As a result of relative motion of the magnet and the cup, eddy currents are induced producing the torque on the cup.
- Torque is proportional to the speed of rotation of the magnet.
- Aluminium cup rotates against the force of a spring and a pointer fixed on its shaft indicates the speed of the magnet.
- The speedometer scale is graduated in accordance with the number of revolutions or, as in motor vehicles, in velocity corresponding to the diameter of the wheels.
- At constant speed, Pointer remains steady & will show exact speed on the dial.
Schematic for Speedo magnet assembly
Click here to send inquiry
Standard sizes of Speedo Magnets in Alnico 2, Alnico 3 alloy