Human Safety Relay
What is Relay?
A relay is an Electro-Mechanical switch that changes a low release current into mechanical movement. A polarized relay consists of a soft-magnetic circuit formed by an Armature and a Yoke as shown in above fig.
Relay components for human safety
These parts are made in 80% NiFe or 48% NiFe material. These parts require very high permeability and the contact area needs to have very high surface finish, flatness and cleanliness. These parts are
used in Earth Circuit Leakage Breakers (ELCB) or Residual Current Devices (RCDs) for Human Safety.
|Magnetic & Chemical Properties|
|Permeability||Properties||80% NiFe(7)||48% NiFe(8)|
|Core Loss (W.Kg-1)||0.015||0.4|
|% Mn||0% -0.5%||0.50%|
- Practical saturation measured for H = 800 A/m
- Remanent induction Br and coercive field Hc measured from H = 80 A/m
- Practical Saturation Bs and Remanent induction Br measured for H = 800 A/m
- Measured for H = 4 mA/cm (Peak value)
- Sinusoidal excitation field H = 4 mA/cm (Peak value)
- Impedance permeability for B = 0.8 T
- Measurement made on 35*26*0.34mm ring specimens after annealing in Pure & Dry Hydrogen for 4h at 1170°C followed by cooling at 200°C/h
- Measurement made on 36*25*0.34mm ring specimens after annealing in Pure & Dry Hydrogen for 4h at 1150°C
PML provides these components with high surface finish and excellent magnetic properties as follows:
- Roughness value(Ra) = 0.02 microns max.
- Flatness = 1 light band max.
- For 45% Ni:Fe : AC Permeability at 5 mOe = 12000
- For 80% Ni:Fe : AC Permeability at 40 gauss = 85000
Cleanliness for checking:
- Cleanliness level = Class 100
Relay components handled in such clean environment, with such high surface finish and magnetic properties ultimately serves as excellent relay.