Permanent magnetic pulleys are ideal magnetic products used as head pulleys in belt conveyors. These pulleys offer superior removal of ferrous contamination like nails, spikes, nuts, bolts, cans, and wire from material conveyor with maintenance free operation. Whatever your application is, a magnet is a low cost way to remove that unwanted ferrous metal from your waste stream. They require very little maintenance and can last for years with proper care.
- Waste recovery
- Feed & grain
- Recycling Applications
- Coal Handling Plant
- Salt processing industries
- Minerals (e.g. Bauxite)
How Does it work?
The magnetic field of the pulley attracts the ferrous fines which are held to the belt until it reaches the underside. The separated ferrous materials pass out of the magnetic field and are collected separately into a chute or bin. The cleaned material is discharged normally over the pulley in a vertical drop.
Magnetic Pulleys have following features:
- The magnetic pulleys can be installed easily at conveyor discharge
- They give complete magnetic protection over the entire face of the pulley for removing ferrous contaminants
- For different conveyors the magnetic pulleys of different sizes are available
- The pulleys either use ceramic magnets or powerful rare earth magnets
- Flux density: 4500 ± 200 gauss
- Attraction Distance: Up to 300mm / 12inches
- Maximum operating temperature 450ᵒC
- In all pulleys, best grade St. Ferrite/Rear Earth magnets are used for construction. The outer face and the end plates of the magnetic pulley are made out of stainless steel
- The magnetic pulley removes contaminants like nuts, bolts, wire, tools etc.
- It protects equipment, and product from the hazards of tramp iron
- High Intensity – (NdFeb Magnet – 4500 Gauss)
- Low Intensity - ( Ferrite Magnet - 1200 Gauss)
Customized Pulley Designs:
PML also makes custom designed Magnetic Pulleys to precisely fit customer’s application. Following information is required:
- Type of material
- Conveyor belt width
- Belt Speed
- Size and concentration of the contamination
- Burden depth
The magnetic pulley is made up of magnets placed inside a Stainless Steel 304/316 drum shell on a shaft. All shafts are made up of steel and are amply supported to handle the required load. Shafts are carefully machined from over–size stock to required finished dimensions. The magnets are enclosed totally inside the stainless steel drum. These are installed as head pulley in belt conveyor. The self-cleaning magnetic pulleys are equally effective in the separation of both large and fine particles from non-ferrous material.
Installation is often very simple. Four bolts on a set of pillow block bearings normally hold the pulley in place. Loosen the conveyor belt, remove the old pulley and install the magnetized pulley. This type of installation does not require electricity.
Buyer before going for magnetic pulley must keep in mind the following considerations:
- The width of the pulley must match with the width of your equipment
- The diameter of pulley and shaft must match the diameter of the equipment
- The pulley selected must fit into your conveyor system
Why PML Magnetic Pulley?
- 45 years of experience in design and development of Permanent Magnets and Magnetic Systems
- Easy to clean and no maintenance cost and preventing expensive shut down and delays for equipment down the process line
- No power cost
- Installation of these Pulleys improves product quality thereby enhances product value
- Services such as magnetic calibration/Audit are available
- PML also makes customized design pulleys