Shunt Assembly for Energy Meters
SHUNT is precision element for the energy meter which works in all kinds of electrical meter as power measure.
- The Manganin Shunt resistor is used as a key part of the measuring device inside the electronic ammeter
- The EBW type shunt gives precise measurement. It also helps to save cost of the production process and material
PML Shunt Assembly Properties:
- Material: Manganin, an alloy of Cu (84-87%), Manganese (9-12%) and Ni (2-4%)
- Welding Type: Electronic Beam welding
- PML designs EB welded Shunts or full Manganin Shunt assemblies as per Customers Specifications
|Resistance (µΩ)||Resistivity (µΩ-mm2/mm)||Tolerance (%)|
|50-2000||0.38 - 0.44||± 5|
|Density (Gm/Cm3)||Melting Point (ᵒC)||Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (PPM/ ᵒC)|
Process Flow for SHUNTS:
- Selection of copper & Manganin as per the customer drawing.
- EB Welding
- Inspection and testing
- Assembly with terminals if required by customer
- Packing and dispatch
Tooling and Stamping:
Specialized tools are made for lowest wastage and high productivity to achieve lower operational costs.PML also manufactures customized design suited to the application which includes a complete Manganin shunt & assembly, EB welded shunt & assembly, Copper –Manganin welded shunt assembly etc along with brass terminals.
Inspection & Testing:
- The inspection is done as per the 0.65 % AQL sampling plan.
- Testing of electrical resistance is carried out on high precision µΩ meter
- The lowest resolution of the meter is 0.1 µΩ